Monday, May 25, 2009

A Relaxing Weekend Without the Relaxing

Even when we decide to stay home and lay low on a holiday weekend, we tend to get antsy and have to stay active. On Friday night, we wore the kids out before bedtime by bringing them to the play structure at McDonalds. They LOVED it! Then Saturday rolled around and we just had to do something with the kids to get them out of the house so we decided to take them to the Rose Festival in Portland. Maya enjoyed the rides and Declan really enjoyed the corn-dogs:)...

Here is Maya looking like a pro on a motorcycle.


Here is Maya unbuckling her belt while the ride was still going and the attendant stopping the
ride to buckle her in again...


Here is Declan chillin' in the stroller while his sister had all the fun...


There was a cute little Toddler Center set up for the kids to run around and play


More rides and Maya winning a her first toy at a carnival game


They played so hard that it became nap-time on the way home!


On Sunday we were invited to go sailing on our brother-in-law's boat. It was so much fun. This was the first time I have been sailing since I was pregnant with Maya. The kids really enjoyed it!









So the moral of the story is, when you plan to relax on a weekend that is when you are the busiest, so just plan to just have fun.

Now, Sarah was the only one who threw a question at me on my last blog so I will end this post by answering her question....
Q: What is your five year plan?
A: In five years, Maya will be turning 8 and Declan will be turning 7 so with them both being in school, I see myself working during the days and playing with them in the evenings. Over the course of these next 3 years, while the kids are still at home, I plan to watch them grow and learn more everyday. Hopefully we will be able to take lots of family trips and I will have the opportunity to further my education - whether it be an interior designing course, a sewing course, or basket-weaving....(haha). I am looking forward to each new day that awaits us as a family.

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Maya cracks me up. Taking off the safety belt and then in one of the pictures she was carrying around some sort of structure. Obviously it wasn't heavy. LOL
I can see that I am going to be doing a lot of things when I come there. You guys seem to be quite active!
Last but not least I notice that MAYA IS DEFINATELY LEFT-HANDED. Nanny Emma would be so proud! So, that's two left-handed grandchildren I have!!! Can't wait to see everyone. Not much longer now. YEAH!

Stacey J said...

I know all about the un-relaxing, "relaxing" weekends. They seem to be my life. This weekend I had plans to do little and ended up doing so much, including having my 11 month old niece ALL weekend. My sis got really sick and they actually admitted her into the hosp for IV antibiotics. Looks like you had some fun times though!

Sarah Ondracek said...

Great five year plan:) You guys were SO busy this weekend and it looks like you all had a great time. The pictures on the boat are great, it looks like it was a perfect day to be on the water!

Marilyn said...

Enjoy these "unrelaxing days"! They are precious! These days I have to practically fight with Alexander and Leah to do anything with us! Oh how I miss them as toddlers - OK ... not really true but sometimes I wish I could go back in time.

Gorgeous children - bring them to Corner Brook sometime - we'll keep them busy.

Heidi Boos said...

That cracks me up...we were at the McDonald's in Wilsonville on Friday night!

You know, I have lived in Oregon for 31 years and I don't think I've EVER been to the Rose Festival!! Sad. Now that I have kids...maybe we will!

Love the pics on the boat. What a beautiful weekend to go sailing. Every time I saw water on our drive back yesterday from Coos Bay, I was wishing we were on a boat on the water. It was so inviting!!

Great answer to your 5-year plan. I didn't get the chance to ask a question on your last post before I left for the weekend, so I want to ask one now if I can. What would be the perfect way to spend a day all by yourself?

Russell Family said...

What a great weekend, full of memories! I don't think I have ever been to the Rose Festival either and I have lived here forever. And the sailing trip looked like so much fun. We are blessed to have such wonderful weather!

Glenda said...

Sorry, I didn't mention the boat in my last comment. It looks very very nice. I'm sure you really enjoyed it!

Sarah Ondracek said...

I've lived in Oregon all my life (up here for the past ten years) and have never gone to the Rose Festival either. Geesh! Tammy has been here just a few years and has already gone, we all need to get with the program, lol!