Friday, May 29, 2009

My Angels

(Note: The first few pictures were taken with my cell phone)

It is incredible to me how BIG Declan's feet are. I just had to buy new tennis shoes for him and I thought they would fit him for a long time but it turns out they are a perfect fit right now and he could grow out of them within the next couple of months. Is it normal that an 18 month old is wearing size 8T shoes?


It seems as though Maya is growing into a little girl. I do not want to jump the gun, but it seems as though she has been doing better with bedtime over the last couple of nights. It could have something to do with Jeremy laying down and singing to her for about an hour while she falls asleep, but it works and she loves sharing that time with him. Nap time is not so difficult anymore either. She usually tries to get out of her room once (or twice) but I immediately put a stop to it and she is back in her bed sleeping within 15 minutes of putting her to bed. Yesterday, after vacuuming, I took a rest and sat down to watch a movie with the kids. Maya cuddled into me and said "I love you mommy!" There was no coercing or fishing for her to say it. And of course it brought tears to my eyes.

On Thursday I bought a bean-bag chair off craigslist for the kids and Maya absolutely loves it. She gets so close to dozing off in it.

Declan is saying more words now. He can say "Mama" (which is what he calls Maya), "er go" (here you go), "Tank Oo" (Thank you), "EE EEE EEE" (Monkey sounds), and more that I cannot remember right now. It seems as though he is going to be a big boy. I added his growth information on an online chart and it estimated his height at 16 yrs of age to be 6 ft. 2" tall. FOR REAL? Maybe he will be the first basketball player in our family.

The kids love dipping their feet in the pool. It was so hot out this week that we would often have to drain some of the warm water to make room for colder water. Maya loved "painting" my toes with a turkey baster and a colander. She has quite the imagination and strength as you can see below! She is not afraid of anything, or so it seems right now!

Tonight is our MOMS NIGHT OUT for our Mothers of Preschoolers group. It should be lots of fun just relaxing with some friends and playing some new board games. I am a sucker for any kind of game. Perhaps that is why I am looking forward to my mom's visit so much - because she is a game-a-holic like me. She's the one who got me hooked. We would play Trivial Pursuit 2-3 times a week and it didn't take long before we had memorized all of the answers. That was the older edition though...not the new 80's edition Jeremy and I have today. In any case, I am really looking forward to our MOMS NIGHT OUT tonight.

I want to do something really fun and interesting. I am going to TAG 5 of my blog readers and ask them to respond to this question with a photo and a little story about that photo. What were you doing 2 years ago to this very day? If you can't remember, try looking through your old calendar, blackberry, or pictures. If you still can't remember, tell us a story about what you were doing around this same time 2 years ago. Add it to your blog so all of us can see your answer and then TAG 5 more people to keep the ball rolling.



I Tag:


Sarah Ondracek
Yvonne McClees
Kim Caldwell
Karri Presley

I don't remember what we were doing this exact day two years ago but on May 22nd my in-laws gave me 2 tickets to the GREASE Reunion show for my birthday so Jeremy and I went to see it in Portland. We dined at the Portland City Grill and walked a few blocks to the World Trade Center Theater. It was a great night! Everyone in the audience had to pretend to be a certain person from Rydell High so they gave me a name tag with the name Martha on it and the guy who played the character of Eugene wanted to take his picture with me. Patti Simcox called me on stage to be a cheerleader with her - reving up the audience before the big show. I was about 3 months pregnant with Declan at the time but we had LOTS of fun. I have always loved the theater so this was right up my alley. It was a little more uncomfortable for Jeremy I think, but he managed to do well. He does not like being part of the show, just an innocent bystander. The very next day, my wonderful husband surprised me by taking me to the Salishan Hotel and Spa. Up until this point, we had never left Maya to stay with anyone over night so being the over protective mother that I was, we took her with us. It turned out okay, but looking back on it now, it would have been nice to relax too. Both Jeremy and I got great massages and spent some time in the pool and spa. Maya tagged along wherever we went and also had a great time in the hotel room. Can you believe that I was 3 months pregnant when our little girl was this young? Looking at these pictures reminds me how quickly she had to grow-up because there was another little baby forcing his way into our lives. And by FORCING, I mean tugging at our heart strings;) I love my family so much and I am so thankful for all of the wonderful things they have done for me and for making me the happiest mommy and wife in the whole world!

6 comments:

Evey said...

I will def do this some point today. It gives me a reason to blog, I have been such a slacker:)

Glenda said...

Great blog! Yes, I am looking forward to playing some games with you too. We will have to try the new version of Trivial Pursuit.

Heidi Boos said...

Oh, that picture of Maya is so angelic! ;)

Loved hearing about what you were doing 2 years ago. I investigated a bit through my pictures and figured out what we were doing...nothing as fun as you, but at least it's something I could share. I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the fun time on Saturday night! It was great to laugh and get to know you and the other girls better!

Have a great week!

Sarah Ondracek said...

Tammy, I will post about what I was doing two years ago soon!!! I checked and I don't have any pictures but I actually remember what we were doing so I will blog about it:)

shandelle said...

Zach is wearing size 9 now and he is 3, so yah, I think declan has big feet

Emily said...

What beautiful children! And what a sweet story! Great post!