Sunday, February 21, 2010

Racing Through Another Month

Jeremy and I have had been so blessed to have had three date nights this month. Our first being a dinner date when Jeremy's mom took care of the kids. For our second date we went to a local coffee shop while the kids were being watched by the child care workers at the church. But nothing topped last night's date night. We wanted to do something fun and interactive. Jeremy and I are pretty competitive and love to try and outdo each other. The typical end result is, of course, Jeremy's victory. We went to the Malibu Raceway and got a new kind of driver's license:

(I blurred our signatures for obvious Internet reasons)
With these new licenses, we were able to drive a go-kart type race car and of course I picked the pink one. We did two laps with Jeremy's best individual speed time of 59 seconds and my best speed time of 68. Then we had dinner at a local German restaurant before returning to the speedway for more racing. This time we decided to ride together in the same car with Jeremy driving. (On a side note, I would not suggest returning for more race car driving after having had a big meal!) Our fasted time was 52 seconds and the record time of of the day by another driver was 49 seconds, so we were pretty close! As a passenger, I felt like a bobsledder shifting my head from side to side, hanging on for dear life, but I was proud to be sitting alongside my adrenaline-filled hubby.
Yesterday was such a beautiful day that Jeremy and Maya decided to wash and clean-out our two vehicles. Maya wants to be with her daddy all the time. They did a great job and with it being another nice day today, the daddy-daughter pair took advantage of it and went out for a bike-ride together. Here is a shot of them riding down the street while the sun peaks through the trees...
What more could I ask for out of the month of February? Wonderful nights out with my husband, beautiful weather, the Olympics, and a sleeping boy who allows me some computer time while the other two play outside. Life is good!

3 comments:

Glenda said...

What a nice life you have. I'm happy for you. Your raceway ride reminds me of the ride we had in that boat at marineland. Oh boy, that was very painful on the back -trying to adjust your body/head in just the right way. I can't imagine what those athletes (espeically on the luge) must feel after they are finished. Well, they would be in better shape I think....HA! Looks like you're having nice weather!

Mom

Sarah Ondracek said...

Wait a minute, three dates in one month? Not fair, lol;) I am so glad you had such a nice time on Saturday night! Tony and I have been there, it's a lot of fun. Computer time is so priceless, right? XOXO

Russell Family said...

Sounds like a GREAT date! Yes, I am definitely jealous that you got 3 dates this month. :)