Thursday, April 1, 2010

Here, There and Everywhere

The kids and I decided to surprise Jeremy by showing up at his office when he got off work this afternoon. I was not expecting to get stuck in traffic on the interstate, but I did and all I could do to occupy the kids' time was to point out all of the interesting parts of the city. Declan especially liked the "Castles" by the river, more commonly known as skyscrapers. Maya liked correcting my mistakes, like when I spotted a tall van and said "Maya look at that bus," to which she replied "Mommy, that's a van not a bus!" Then she promptly discovered a metro-bus and said "THAT'S a bus mommy!" After sitting in city traffic for more than half an hour, I decided to call Jeremy to warn him we were on our way so he wouldn't leave to go home.
Instead of walking around the river, as I was intending, Jeremy hopped in the truck and we took the kids across the river to see Oaks Park. On our way, we spotted a movie being filmed. Jeremy and I slowed down to see if we could recognize any faces (because we're all buddy buddy with the Hollywood folks you know). No one caught our eye though. The kids loved seeing the abandoned rides in the park and the girls practising their Roller Derby in the rink. After our drive around the park, we dropped Jeremy off at his office to get his car so we could all head back to Newberg and go to Jem 100 for dinner (a 50's diner).

All in all, it was a spontaneously fun Thursday afternoon.

We are getting pretty excited for our next cross-border vacation. I can hardly believe we will be in Alberta in just over a month. The last time we were in Alberta was when I was pregnant with Maya, 4 years ago. This time we will be spending time with my dad at his acreage outside Edmonton. I can't wait to take my family into the city while we are there to show them my stomping grounds from my college years. At times, Edmonton feels like home to me. We are pretty excited to spend time with family and friends, but Jeremy and I are not sure what to think of the 21 hour car ride. We will be dividing it up into 2 days of driving and we will have a DVD player in the car to keep the kids somewhat occupied. It will be nice to see countryside that none of us have seen before too. We leave in just 35 days.

And now I will close with a couple of pictures that were taken in Bellevue, Washington last weekend when we were visiting Jeremy's grandmother.


3 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful blog!

Sarah Ondracek said...

I bet it was fun to surprise Jeremy at work;) Bellevue looks beautiful, I am glad you guys had a nice time with his grandmother!

Miranda said...

Cool. Maybe we can hook up when you are in Edmonton. How long has it been since I've seen you anyways? At least 10 years for sure.