Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Golden Homeland!

We recorded the men's Olympic Hockey final so we could watch it together after Jeremy got home from snow camping today. What a game! Just when I thought Canada had it wrapped up in the last period, U.S. scores. "No WAY!" I shouted. "YESSSSS!" was the response from my dear sweet American husband. Biting our nails and shoeing the kids away while the game went into overtime, we waited anxiously to claim our own nation's victory. Oh how proud I was when Crosby, a Canadian from the Maritimes, scored the winning goal! Thank you Canadian hockey team for urging my CanAmerican children to shout "GO CANADA" for the first time in their young lives!"


I knew we could win at least one gold medal hosting the Olympics but this is amazing!



All this said, I was cheering for Apollo Ohno all the way through the Olympics. He's my skating hero:)

5 comments:

Glenda said...

I told you that Silver is a nice colour too. You're teaching your kids well there momma!

Tammy Williams said...

Silver IS a nice COLOR...haha!

Sarah Ondracek said...

COLOR, c'mon mom! I know nothing about hockey even though my husband was a little hockey playing Minnesotan;) I now know what a power play is...I know, I know...anyways, congrats Canada;)

Heather Banfield said...

Of course I was cheering for Canada at the Olympics, but I loved Apollo Ohno! Just amazing! I was disappointed that he was disqualified in one of the races.

Glenda said...

Hey Sarah, here in Canada we spell several words differently (with the only difference being an "o" in the word), such as Colour, Neighbour, Fourty, honour and probably more that I can't think of right now. It is a British thing. Although sometimes I get lazy and spell it the American way, but I've been criticized for it, so I try to spell it the "Canadian/British" way as much as I can. LOL